Updated: Aug 20
The 'Napolean tres leches' dessert cake is one of the most popular desserts in the world, for its creaminess and smooth flavour. In addition, it is very easy and quick to prepare, so in a short time, we can have a truly spectacular homemade dessert ready.
In Colombia we use Ducales Craker for the layers of this dessert, these Crakers add a unique and incredible flavour that we all Colombians know. In this occasion, one of our customers shared to us a recipe to learn how to prepare this delicious dessert at home with Ducales Crakers, simple, delicious and very creamy.
Ducales crackers (1/2 package approx)
1 can cream
1 can condensed milk
3 tablespoons Maizena (cornstarch or corn flour as substitute)
3 cups milk
1 egg yolk
1) Blend all ingredients except the crackers.
2) Take everything to low heat until it has a creamy consistency.
3) Take it out of the heat and leave it to stay until it’s not too cold or too hot, just warm.
4) In a container put a layer of crackers in the base, then use the creamy mix as a second layer to cover the crackers. Keep doing layers of crackers and creamy mix, until you finish in a creamy layer. Then use crushed crackers to decorate the dessert.
5) Take to the fridge overnight to end up with a nice consistency.
That's it! nice and easy mate! Enjoy!
Read more cooking ideas, info and histories of Colombians in NZ in our Blog:
Special Thanks to Carolina Campillo, Colombian living in Auckland who wanted to share her cooking recipe with us.