Updated: Aug 20, 2020
(2 – 3 servings)
Calentado literally means “re-heated” and is a traditional Colombian breakfast.
1 Arroz Calentado mix 1 ½ cups of water. 2 tablespoons olive oil
150 gr cooked beef chopped into bite-sized pieces 50 gr cooked red beans 1 fried egg
1. Boil the water with olive oil in a medium pot.
2. Once the water is boiling add the Arroz Calendato mix and stir.
3. Cover and reduce heat to low and cook for 35 minutes. Once cooked, fluff the rice with a fork.
4. Add to the pot the beef and red beans and stir.
5. Serve with the fried egg.
And that's it! nice, easy and delicious!